Sunday, January 18, 2009

Only God

(This post is from my sweet husband Tim)
Have you ever been apart of something that you knew was orchestrated by God? Earlier this week in my devotion time I read about Gideon (Judges 7). Gideon was in charge of an army of 32,000 men. God dwindled the thousands of men down to just 300 men. The 300 men accomplished just as much as what they thought they needed thousands to do. It was because God was involved. The question I was challenged with was "what could happen and only be explained that it was God?" I immediately made a list of 4 things that, to me, were impossible. Receiving another free car was on the list. Two days after I made the list I got a call from someone wanting to give a car away. I now have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe. In less than a week we have been apart of something that could have only been done by God. We are excited to see the 3 other "impossible" things on the list come to past. To God be the Glory.

14 comments:

Wow...thanks for the reminder that God is so faithful. Don't know why we are always so surprised when God blesses us. :) We are down to one car and we were given our Avalanche several years ago. We are doing ok with one car and wanting to wait and not jump into anything, and I know God will provide when it's the right time, but we were blessed with one before and would have never thought it could happen again.

Teena

I can't believe you got ANOTHER car!!! That's awesome!!

WOW!!! thanks for that awesome reminder. every now and then we need that!

Praise Jesus! How amazing is He :) And I must say that is a nice looking car too :)

Woo-hoo! What in the world will Tim do with all that extra time now? No waiting for his car to warm up before he can drive! :)

THat is so amazing! I'm happy for you!!

A) Now I want to go pray for something crazy and B) I want to know what the other 3 things are C) yay!

That is so fun to hear and be reminded just how much God loves to surprise us with blessings we think are too big to ask for!

wow! That is so awesome! Enjoy your blessing... and future blessings because he will continue to show his blessings to your sweet family! What are the other 3?

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More