Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cooking for My Sweet Family

I have always said I am not a good cook so why should I even try. I decided this year I am going to be a good cook and cook for my sweet family. I am proud to say I have been cooking and baking a lot and my sweet husband LOVES IT!!! (plus we are saving so much money) My friend Ali for the past 4 years has been teaching me so much about cooking and going to the store. When I had Micah she made me Tatar Tot Casserole and my family loved it. So that is what I make for everyone that has a baby and for us at least twice a month. This is the recipe:

1 pound ground beef
2 cans or cream of mushroom
1 can evaporated milk
1 can of corn (drained)
bag of Tatar tots
shredded cheese
salt and pepper

Mix the first 4 things together in a bowl and pour it into a 13X9 pan, top it with Tatar tots, cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes!

What do you love to cook for your family that is easy and good?

3 comments:

i love to make blueberry buttermilk pancakes for my sister and her family on saturday mornings, when i stay in edmond for a weekend. it's super easy, despite having a lot of ingredients - and my niece loves to help!

2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
pinch of salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 t. vanilla
1/2 c. melted butter

i always mix the dry and wet ingredients seperately, then combine them, and add blueberries at the very end to each individual pancake. yummy!

Taco soup! So easy! So yummy!

1 can tomatoe sauce,
1 can water
1 can rotel
1 can green chili's
1 lb ground meat
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can red beans
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dresssing mix

brown ground meat, add all ingredients in big pot, simmer until warm. Leftovers are wonderful! You can substitute beans for whatever kind you like.

I like it over tortilla chips topped with shredded cheese and sour cream. It is delicious! Try it, your boys will LOVE it! Tony loves it, and is the pickiest eater ever!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More