Thursday, April 10, 2008

Job vs. Joy

I just finished a bible study called Keeper of the Home. This study has rocked my world. They asked us two questions at the end of the study:

What did you think a homemaker was before the study?
What do you think of a homemaker now?

This was easy for me! Before I thought a homemaker was my job and I should be paid a lot of money for all I do for my husband, my children, and my house. Now I think of it as joy. I love that I get to serve my husband and my two boys. Tim once told me "Find something you love and you will never work a day in your life". I used to get mad that Tim loved what he did. Now guess what we both LOVE what we do. It is so neat how the Lord can change our hearts.

We also learned to be a homemaker does not mean you have to stay home. It means that you put your home before everything else. Looks a little like this:
1.God
2.Husband
3.Children
4.Everything else

7 comments:

I absolutely loved that study...eye opening & what a learning experience

Good stuff!! I'be been doing it pretty much FOREVER now....and STILL love it!

That sounds like a great study. I am going to try and join you girls every once in awhile this summer...I think I can sneak away for an early lunch. I miss you! I started to blog this week. You'll have to check it out.

I've heard of that study, haven't done it yet! You're awesome!

I don't ever plan on working a day in my life!!

Nicole, Loved the blog. I learned so much in the Keepers study with you. Still have a long way to go, though. I loved being in the study with you and will always remember the crayon box/van story. That came at a very special and needed time for me.

I really enjoy looking at people's comments and connecting to their blogs..you have some cool friends out there in the blog oh sphere!
Sunny

That's a study I'd like to do sometime...I know it has been offered in town but I've not had the chance to go! Glad to hear a positive recommendation!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More