Friday, September 11, 2009

Madeline

This week for Five In A Row we did Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans. The whole family enjoyed reading Madeline and learning new things this week.

Madeline lives in Paris, France we got lots of books about France from the library and learned about the culture.



We also made crapes since people eat them in Paris.





We learned about the France flag and painted it.



We built the Eiffel Tower out of cups and counted the cups.



We found out where Madeline lived on a map. The boys said it would take a long plane ride to get there. I asked Tim if we could go=)


Madeline lives in a house with vines, we talked about how vines grow.


Madeline had her appendix taken out and had to stay in bed for a few days. We read the book in bed.


Madeline was taken in an ambulance when she had to get her appendix taken out. Nathan said he didn't want to go to the doctor like her.


In Paris, France there is the Seine River so we went for a walk around the river walk in Oklahoma City and and talked about how Madeline and her friends would go for walks during the day.




I feel so blessed that I am getting to teach and learn with my sweet boys.



















7 comments:

Love it, Nicole! I'll just read your blog and do the activities w/ my boys the following week. ;)

You are doing an awesome job! Seeing this get me excited about homeschooling Jax!

You are amazing! What a great week!

Sara, I am so glad you are getting to do it with your boys.

Kristina, You will love it. I bet you are already doing stuff you just dont think you are=)

Deleise, I learn from the best (you).

Awesome job! You guys do FIAR first class!

Thaks for posting this. We are starting back with Before Five in a Row , I started it once but did not stick with it. Your post has given me a nice example of how it is done!

What a great idea! I'm checking out the "Five in a Row" website immediately. Your boys are so cute, by the way!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More