Thursday, December 25, 2008

Update on Colonoscopy

I want to start out by thanking you all for praying for me and sending your sweet words. For those of you who don't know, I have a disease called Ulcerative Colitis (UC). I have had it for 8 years. The past few months the UC has gotten bad. We decided to have a Colonoscopy done on Christmas Eve. We found out that my large intestine is inflamed, irritated, and very sensitive. My large intestine is out of control. The Dr. decided to put me on some medicine for a month that will try to get the disease under control so we can manage it. The down side to the medicine is that it weakens my immune system and there are several side effects that would put a normal person in the hospital. I also can't get pregnant while taking this medicine. The small intestine hasn't been affected and the Dr. took several biopsy's from my colon to test them. We should get some results soon from the biopsy. Please continue to pray for me and my sweet family.

6 comments:

I am so sorry to hear this, especially during Christmas! I'll be praying for your healing.

Been praying for you girl! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

Oh, Nicole...I had no idea. We will be praying for you. I miss seeing you at Church!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More