Saturday, December 19, 2009

21 day fast

Tim and I are joining others who will be doing a 21 day fast starting January 1st. During our fast we will be eating "God Foods" (food that only God made) . Check out their facebook or blog and consider being a part of this opportunity.

Here is a list of some of the foods that we will eat during the 21 day fast:

All fruits
All veggies, (raw and cooked and canned)
Chicken prepared any way (except fried)
Tuna
Fish
Yogurt
Cheese
Eggs
Salads
Brown rice dishes
Whole Wheat pasta dishes
Kashi cereal
Oatmeal
Nuts


Kendra works with Tim at the church will be will be posting some daily devotionals and answering any questions that people have during the 21 day fast. On her blog she writes "The point is, to do something that causes a physical hardship that reminds you to devote time each day to fueling and feeding your spiritual hunger and thirst for God."

4 comments:

I did a fast for over three weeks after one of my trips to Africa last year. I only ate fruit and yogurt. I wanted to see what it was like to only have 2 food choices. (the kids in the orphanage I visit only eat rice and sauce). It was the most difficult, amazing experience ever! Now my diet pretty much consists of only the things on your list. I had to change my diet because of stomach problems. I find I am so less distracted by food. I just know the other foods aren't an option. I realized how much food monopolized my thoughts...weird...but true. Miss seeing you!

creamer, i will miss you. i will miss you very much. but luckily Christmas will be over when i have to dump you and you will no longer be able to tempt me with your peppermint mocha flavor.

If oatmeal was on there, I would say that looks like most of my daily eats. Well I guess that filet I had on Friday night would be a No No, I am ging to look into doing this! I wonder if it is "OK" to do while pregnant???

Sounds likea great thing- I'll talk to Nick about it, giving up bleached enriched flour would be big for us!!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More