Sunday, December 5, 2010

Menu Planning 12/5-12/11

I started Menu Planning for our family a few months ago and it has been a wonderful thing for the Knox house. Every Saturday I sit down and write out what we will be eating for the week. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks) I also write down what I need from the store off of my Menu that I just made. We are saving $100's by not going out to eat all the time and not buying things we don't need at the store.

Every week we have the same thing for Breakfast (this helps with not coming up with something new) Also, every day for snack they have 3 choices yogurt, fruit, or crackers. For lunch we eat a lot of what I made for dinner the night before. The boys LOVE the Menu because they like to know whats going on=)

Sunday-
B-Homemade Bread
L-Eat at church
D-Sandwich
S-Yogurt

Monday-
B-Oatmeal
L-Hot dogs
D-Chicken Noddle Soup
S-Fruit

Tuesday-
B-French Toast
L-Chicken Noddle Soup
D- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
S- Crackers

Wednesday-
B-Biscuits/Gravy/Eggs
L-Chicken Broccoli Casserole
D- Eat at the church
S-Yogurt

Thursday-
B-Cinnamon Rolls
L-Lunchables
D-Chicken Fettucini
S-Fruit

Friday-
B-Bacon, Egg, Cheese Sandwich or Pancakes
L-Go Out
D-Shepherds Pie
S-Crackers

Saturday-
B-Go Out
L-Shepherds Pie
D-Pizza
S-Yogurt

What are things you do to save your family money?

2 comments:

I LOVE THIS...I used to have a menu, but really never stuck to it...but I am going to try again! :) This month we are not buying groceries (other then milk, bread etc...) until we eat all the random things that somehow get into your house and never actually get eaten! :) We are trying to be creative! THANKS FOR SHARING!

We've been doing a menu for years now and it does truly help save money! I love doing the menu too, so much fun and I post mine in our kitchen, Briley loves to look at it to see what to eat for that day! Good job girl!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More