Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why is she so mean?

Why is she so mean dad? Those are the words I heard Nathan say to Tim as I was leaving the room yesterday morning.

My first thought was mom mean? I love my family why would they think I am mean?

After that I took the boys to VBS and got in my car and cried like a baby. Lord why does my sweet Nathan think I mean? The Lord said Nicole would you want someone to talk to you the way you talk to your family?

Yesterday I spent a lot of time in prayer about the type of wife and mom I want to be. Today I am choosing to get up and pray to be a positive wife and mom.

I hope I never forget the day my child thought I was mean.

3 comments:

Awww, it's ok, we all have those days. You are right to try and be better but you do have rampant pregnancy hormones flying around in your body so don't be too hard on yourself.

I can't imagine you saying anything mean to anyone! We all have days like that..it happens to the best of us.

I love your transparency here Nicole. I'm totaly there with you. If there's one thing I do know about praying for God's help in my behavior as a parent it's that the first thing He's going to do is give me even more "chances" to "choose" to be more kind and more gentle.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More